Search for content in message boards

townland or parish name help, please

Replies: 5

Re: townland or parish name help, please

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 11:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DWYER, FINN
Sorry, I just realized I said something inaccurate in my previous post. The name of the place of Mary Finn's birth I found on her daughter's death cert in Chicago, which obviously is even further removed and even more likely inaccurate. I found a brief article on ancestry.com on Mary Finn, in the database "Chicago Irish Families, 1875-1925" that said this:

"Dwyer, Mary, nee Finn, was buried Sept. 6, in Calvary. She died at her residence, 370 Orchard st. August 27, aged 77 yrs. She was born in Tipperary, Ireland and when a girl in her teens came to America, locating in Montreal, Canada. Then she was married to Andrew Dwyer, 52 years ago. After a short stay in Canada, the family moved to New York state from which place they drifted west eventually to Chicago, and residing here nearly thirty years. Three children survive her, John K., and James P. Dwyer and Mrs. James P. O'Connor. -Sept. 15, 1894"

So according to this source, at least the county of Tipperary is correct. I will appreciate any help with this question of her specific birthplace.

Regards,
Jeanne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jeannemarge 2 Feb 2013 6:29PM GMT 
jeannemarge 2 Feb 2013 6:49PM GMT 
frithy 3 Feb 2013 7:17PM GMT 
jeannemarge 3 Feb 2013 7:29PM GMT 
flyingseaotte... 6 Feb 2013 2:47AM GMT 
jeannemarge 6 Feb 2013 2:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions