Search for content in message boards

Brett and O'Connell Family from Mullinahone Tipperary Ireland

Replies: 8

Re: Brett and O'Connell Family from Mullinahone Tipperary Ireland

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Thank you for all your hard work. A little of this I already know but a lot is new ie the marriages of my grandparents siblings and the Irish Census info. Thank you for sharing how to find all of this information. It is interesting how you found the marriages. I have had a lot of difficulty with that. I was trying to find the date of death of the sibling but Ancestry is gives a quarterly date. Thank you for pointing out to me that Callan and Kilvenon is the district for Mullinahone. That is very helpful. Ellen Cody Brett who was my great grandmother died in about 1930. The Ellen you listed maybe my grandfather's sister. I haven't been able to find a date of death for John Brett my great grandfather but I know it was before my grandfather left Ireland in 1897.Thank you for finding that for me. Stephen and Maggie missed the first boat they were booked on because Ellen Cody Brett borrowed the money from Stephen that he was going to use to elope to America. He had to wait until she gave it back to him. Ellen did not approve of my grandmother because she was servant class. The trio in 1914 is probably my grandfather and my 2 aunts because I don't think my grandmother ever went back to Ireland. Do you know how to find out if any of the siblings became priests or nuns? I know that at least one of my great aunts on the Brett side became a nun in Ireland. Is there a church database for this?
Anastasia is used by the O'Connells because my grandmother Maggie had a little sister who died at age 5 named Anastasia. Maggie used it for a middle name for my second aunt Catherine in 1909 .
I am going to look at all the information that you gave me with the websites carefully. Thank you for all your help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cabrett 4 Mar 2013 6:09PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 10 Mar 2013 7:10PM GMT 
cabrett 11 Mar 2013 12:02AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 12 Mar 2013 10:49AM GMT 
cabrett 12 Mar 2013 7:55PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 13 Mar 2013 11:43PM GMT 
Eamon_brett 8 May 2013 12:53PM GMT 
Eamon_brett 8 May 2013 12:54PM GMT 
cabrett 13 May 2013 3:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic