Search for content in message boards

Templemore,Tipperary. Michael Whelan 1880's

Replies: 2

Templemore,Tipperary. Michael Whelan 1880's

Posted: 2 Oct 2013 7:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Whelan
My Grand-dad Michael was born in Templemore Tipperary 1884 his mother was Bridget Whelan, sadly he was placed in an orphanage when he was abt 2yrs old. Since researching his family I went to Templemore and to the church where he was christened and found his grandparents, aunt's and uncle's plus his mother's birth too. What I do know from my mother is that he had a younger brother called Jack who found Michael in the late 1950's, Jack lived in either America or Canada my Mum couldn't remember. She does know that when Jack returned home they never saw one another again ,jack also told my grand-dad why he was put in an orphanage, sadly he never told his family. What I want help with is if anyone knows of any orphanage's run by Christian brothers around 1880/90's this is where he was til he was 14 yrs old when he left, this I found out from my aunt who recently passed away she was the last of the line. I hope someone can help. Thank you
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ritatinker55 2 Oct 2013 1:38PM GMT 
annclare 2 Oct 2013 10:43PM GMT 
ritatinker55 3 Oct 2013 4:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions