Search for content in message boards

Brick wall Hampshire County Virginia

Replies: 3

Brick wall Hampshire County Virginia

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 12:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Molohan/Molohon/Malahon/Mallahan/Mollehon/Molehon/Schoonover
I'm seeking help with my brick wall of Raleigh Molohan. I have listed all of the information that I can find on him. I have no information on him before 1798 and after 1806. The marriage to Sabina Schoonover is a conjecture and not proven. The family, less Raleigh is found in Fairfield and Franklin County Ohio as early as 1808. I conjecture that Raleigh either died prior to the family's departure for Ohio, on the way, or soon after arrival in Ohio. There are no identified death records. I have not been able to locate any land ownership records in Virginia or Ohio. Can anyone provide any suggestions on records that I might research to tear down this brick wall. Who were Raleigh's parents? Where did he come from prior to Hampshire County? Was Sabina his wife? Where did he die?

Raleigh Molohan died after 1806. Another name for Raleigh was Rawleigh Mollohan.

General Notes: From: Hampshire County, Virginia (Now West Virginia): Volume I--Minute Book Abstracts 1788-1802, page 95

16 July 1798

Ordered that the following persons be recommended to his excellency the governor and council as fit and proper persons be commissioned to execute the offices for which they are recommended respectively within the county and distinguished by the first and second Battalion in manner and form following to wit Second Battalion - John Perrill, Gent., Major James Smith Captain, Archibald Linthicum, Lieutenant and Erasmus Tucker Ensign - William Perrill Captain, Gabriel Throckmorton Lieutenant and Stephen Hickle Ensign - First Batalion, Robert Koyle Captain, Rawleigh Mollohan Lieutenant, Jacob Putnam Ensign - Samuel Abernathy Captain, William Donaldson Lieutenant, Charles Taylor Ensign. Page 159

Noted events in his life were:

• Military: Ensign, First Batalion, Virginia Militia Hampshire, Virginia, USA, 16 Jul 1798.
• He resided at Raleigh Molohon 1 white thithables, 2 horses Upper District, Hampshire, Virginia, USA in 1806.
• He resided at Rawleigh Malahon 2 white thithables, 2 horses Upper District, Hampshire, Virginia, USA in 1800.
• He resided at Rawley Mollehon 1 tithable, 1 horse Upper District, Hampshire, Virginia, USA in 1801.
• He resided at Rawleigh Molehon 1 white thithables, 2 horses Upper District, Hampshire, Virginia, USA in 1803.
• He resided at Rawleigh Molohon 1 white thithables Upper District, Hampshire, Virginia, USA in 1804.
• He resided at Rawleigh Molohon 3 white thithables, 1 horses Upper District, Hampshire, Virginia, USA in 1805.
• He resided at Upper District, Hampshire, Virginia, USA in 1802.

Raleigh married Sabina Schoonover, daughter of Thomas Schoonover and Maria Westfall, between 1775 and 1785. Sabina was born on 3 Jan 1748 in Deerpark, Orange, New York, USA, was christened 3 Jun1748 in Deerpark, Orange, New York, USA, and died about 1850 in Shelby, Ohio, USA about age 102. Another name for Sabina was Weyntje Schoonover. They had seven children: Mary, Thompson, Elizabeth, Lidia, Rebecca, Charles, and Sarah.

Noted events in her life were:

• She resided at Turtle Creek, Shelby, Ohio, USA in 1850. Living with Richard and Elizabeth Lenox
• She appeared on the census in 1850 in Turtle Creek, Shelby, Ohio, USA. Year: 1850; Census Place: Turtle Creek, Shelby, Ohio; Roll: M432_729; Page: 160A; Image: 24.
• She appeared on the census in 1840 in Turtle Creek, Shelby, Ohio, USA. With Richard Lenox, female 80-90
Year: 1840; Census Place: , Shelby, Ohio; Roll: 426; Page: 247; Image: 500

• She appeared on the census in 1830 in Turtle Creek, Shelby, Ohio, USA. Living with Charles Mallahan in Turtle Creek Township, Shelby, Ohio
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KimMyers62 9 Oct 2012 6:05PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 12 Nov 2012 4:48AM GMT 
KimMyers62 12 Nov 2012 1:39PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 12 Nov 2012 6:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions