Search for content in message boards

Replies: 2

Re: Dogherty

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for the information, Annette. I have been combing through what land records I could find on PRONI and I couldn't find an estate with the Dogherty name, but I did see quite a bit of info on the Marquess of Abercorn. It's not easy when all you have is family lore, but I had hoped that the marriage record that showed my ancestor's marriage at Camus Juxta Mourne, would have made it somewhat easier to find information about the three people involved in the record. I know they were married in 1823 and that my ggg grandfather died and by 1942, my ggg grandmother was remarrying in NB, Canada.

I found the following transcription on the County Tyrone website, that I felt might be a lead to figuring out my ggg grandfather's death, but I have been unable to figure out where to go to look for further information there might be about this person's passing:

"Death announcements in the Town of Strabane and parish of Camus-juxta-Mourne extracted from personal notices inserted in the STRABANE JOURNAL, STRABANE MORNING POST, DERRY JOURNAL, LONDONDERRY STANDARD & LONDONDERRY SENTINEL 1785-1849

March 25 1828
We are sorry at having to announce the death of our much esteemed townsman, MR ROBERT SMYTH. He died on Sunday last, and has left a widow and eight children to deplore his loss. It is indeed too weak and common place a tribute to his memory to say that he was a most affectionate and attentive husband, kind and indulgent parent, and much esteemed and respected by all who knew him for his generous and hospitable disposition."

Thank you again for your help and advice.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lymankd53 8 Jan 2013 10:35PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 23 Jan 2013 3:13PM GMT 
lymankd53 24 Jan 2013 6:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic