Search for content in message boards

Looking for John Robinson in Tyrone

Replies: 1

Looking for John Robinson in Tyrone

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 7:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson
I have the following information and am not sure of the best next step. Perhaps someone can offer a suggestion.

My g-grandfather, William James Robinson born 21 May 1845, is in the 1901 Belfast census listed as being born in Tyrone Co. His marriage record (to Isabella Johnston born in Belfast) from 1872 in Belfast lists his father's name as John. I have no information of any siblings for William or spouse for John and no further information as to where in Tyrone they may have lived. The family members are listed as Church of Ireland and Presbyterian in the 1901 Belfast census.

In Griffith's Valuation, 1848-1864 for Tyrone, there are 20+ John Robinsons in various parishes throughout the county. Other than "brute force" searches for all of the John Robinsons in Tyrone county, are there suggestions for the next step I need to take?

I live in western Canada and as much as I'd like to, I am not planning any trip to Ireland any time soon. Are there parish records etc. available online anywhere or do I need to hire someone in the area?

Many thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ronreine 28 Jan 2013 2:15AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 1 Feb 2013 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions