Search for content in message boards

Margaret McKeown and Andrew Sands

Replies: 2

Margaret McKeown and Andrew Sands

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKeown, Sands, Young
My grandmother Adrain Victoria Sands (also spelled Edrain, Edrian and Adrian in various documents) was born according to her civil birth record at 91 Lilliput Street Urban 2 Belfast in January 1901. This record shows her father as Andrew Sands, a labourer and her mother Margaret McKeown. The informant on the civil birth record is shown as Margaret Sands but I am unable to find a record of the marriage.

The 1901 census shows Adrain living with Sarah McKeown at 45 Lilliput Street with a couple named Stewart. There is no record of Margaret or Andrew Sands on this census that I have been able to find, nor could I find any record of them or Adrain on the 1911 census.

Adrain married my grandfather, an English soldier, in 1921 and they had 2 sons. Adrain died in 1926 and she was buried at Belfast City Cemetery in a grave owned by a William Young who was also a witness at my grandparents marriage. I don't know if William was any relation to Adrain. My grandfather returned to England with my father a few years later, leaving my father's elder brother Norman with his grandmother. I have no information about the grandmother and do not know if she is on the maternal or paternal side.

I have been unable to find anything relating to my Sands or McKeown ancestors and would be very appreciative of any help anyone might be able to offer so I can break down this brick wall.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lambertpask62 15 Feb 2013 3:11AM GMT 
moren 16 Feb 2013 10:13AM GMT 
lambertpask62 17 Feb 2013 1:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions