Search for content in message boards

Crawford

Replies: 12

Re: Crawford

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Unfortunately, there aren't any passed down stories of his parents or any further back than him. I'm really beginning to think he was an orphan with no idea of who his parents were. Levi was born about 1860 and my grandfather was the second to youngest of Levi's children. My grandfather was born in 1918 so Levi was around 58 when my grandpa was born. So there were about 58 years between them and 30 between my grandpa and my dad and 20 between my dad and I. So that is approx. 108 years between me and Levi. All my grandpa's siblings are gone and no one seems to know anything. My grandpa is gone also. My dad says Grandpa never told him anything about Levi except that he thought he was married a couple of times prior to Sarah and that Sarah was part Native American. That Sarah's family lived in more of a hut than a house and they were very poor. Levi traded a horse and buggy for Sarah. Sarah Williams' family lived in Clark Co., Missouri and that is where Levi married Sarah. Levi was married in 1889, 1891 and 1900 all three times in Clark Co., MO. I don't really know anything back further than that, except there was a Moses Stinson on the 1870 Census for Clark Co., MO. Then I can't find anything in the 1880 census.
A pretty murky history, huh?
Stef
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
levi1859 15 Mar 2010 3:11AM GMT 
Donaflync 16 Mar 2010 2:36AM GMT 
levi1859 30 Dec 2012 1:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic