Search for content in message boards

Fagan's from Westmeath that settled near Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Replies: 1

Fagan's from Westmeath that settled near Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted: 19 Nov 2013 11:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fagan
Hello all, I am trying to tie in my Fagan roots..again..in a different direction. I am looking for anyone who had Fagan's settle in the Milwaukee area in the mid 1800's there were quite a bunch of them just south and in the city itself. Seems reasonable to me that some of the lot must have been related and sent letters home encouraging others to come. My Fagan brothers arrived in the area 1846 ish after having spent a few years in Orange County, New York. James and Thomas came over in 1837 &1839 respectively and had in the 1850 census an elder James Fagan living with them born about 1770. There was also an Amy living with one of them the correct age range to have been a sister or cousin but that relation is not listed in this census. The only info we have ever had was a biographical sketch in the history or the county that claims they were from County Westmeath and farmers in the old country. So anyone out there that had Fagan's emigrate to that area? Maybe we can cross reference and find some connections.
Worth a try.
Thank you
Sandy Fagan Steinhagen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sandysteinhag... 19 Nov 2013 6:36PM GMT 
codeannette_1 8 Jan 2014 12:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic