Search for content in message boards

Kelleghan Family

Replies: 15

Re: Kelleghan, Kellaghan, Keelaghan, Kelehan

Posted: 27 Feb 2007 10:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keleghan, Kelleghan
Hi - I am just beginning to research my husband's and my ancestry. I found the Keleghan name in your message board and would like to exchange some information with you on the Keleghan's to see if we have a connection. My husband is William Joseph Keleghan, III. His father and grandfather were born here, but the great-grandfather was Thomas J. Keleghan born in Ireland. He was married to Bridget Hardiman. I just got this information, so I am in the process of searching census and immigration information to find where they lived and when they came over. I found a Thomas Keleghan, age 26, coming over in May 1888 and this may be the right one, since William the first was born 6/2/1891 in Jersey City, NJ, so the ages would be about right. At one point my husband's grandfather added a second L to Keleghan because he was inherting from a relative in Ireland that spelled it with 2 L's. However my husband and his father kept the spelling with only the one L. Looking forward to hearing from any Keleghans with any variant spellings!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MarybethSteve... 4 Mar 2013 6:49PM GMT 
Veronica Hill 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
seanjulie3 23 Oct 2001 9:40PM GMT 
Veronica Hill 23 Oct 2001 10:10PM GMT 
MKeleghan 27 Feb 2007 5:57PM GMT 
MKeleghan 19 Mar 2007 1:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic