Search for content in message boards

Oulart RC Parish Marriage Records - Wexford

Replies: 4

Oulart RC Parish Marriage Records - Wexford

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Byrne/Synnott and Byrne/Murphy
I have a problem trying to obtain the names of the witnesses to the following marriages which took place in Oulart Roman Catholic Church, Wexford -

8 May 1836 - John Byrne to Elizabeth Synnott

2 November 1858 - John Byrne to Mary Murphy

I know these records were indexed by Rev Father Seamus de Vaal and deposited in Wexford Library but unfortunately names of witnesses were never noted. The parish registers were re-bound by Fr de Vaal before he left the Church. I have since written on numerous occasions to the new incumbent without any reply. I have it on good authority that the present Parish Priest of Oulart states that the records were mislaid.

Yola Farmstead, the Heritage Centre, could not help either as they do not have any records of the witnesses.

The National Library, so I am told, only have copies of the records from 1837 and the records from 1852 to 1874 are missing. However when I wrote to them they did not confirm which dates they had but told me to engage a researcher.

I then tried the Society of Genealogists in London but they do not have copies of this particular church's records.

Does anyone have any suggestions whatsoever - the information of the witnesses is crucial to my research and could possibly take my Byrne line back to the 1790's.

To say that any help would be much appreciated would be an understatement.

Regards

Eileen Crook
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Eileen_Crook 27 Jun 2001 7:30PM GMT 
JackOLeary78 1 Jul 2001 7:28PM GMT 
Eileen_Crook 2 Jul 2001 11:38AM GMT 
semila 19 Feb 2013 4:29PM GMT 
shirburns 25 Nov 2012 8:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions