Search for content in message boards

Catherine Berry

Replies: 8

Re: Catherine Berry

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 7:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Catherine Berry Moved to UK and is buried at KensalRise Cemetary London.The female line back is a bit of a blank, it was rumoured that some of Dennis Uncles were to do with customs as well as sailors Nothing found on Whelan side maybe a full research of males of Berry could throw something up.This is a dim memory as a child.Denis parents were Michael & Mary Whelan(nee Connell) see RMS Leinster on web
in 1901 census M&M lived 35 Northcote Ave He 50 She 48 Son Joseph 9 who
Later in 1911 census was Living Desmond Road the address given when he was killed SS Hesperian 4th September 1915
Ship Goes Liverpool to Canada he was a Steward
Weirdly the same address shows a John whelan in the census
Could he be another son of Michael taking over the tenancy after Michaels death funny he is also a sailor. You will have to track down the marriage records at Say St Michaels Church in Dun Loghaire. I have in the past written to the Monsignor there but got no response expect you will have to go to the church to rearch records. This church shows The Leinster on its web page.
Your Great Grandmother once told me she had an Uncle Jinm who was one of the wealthiest guys in DunLoghaire I could not trace a wealthy Whelan could have been a Berry then???
Whether it was fanciful misinterpretation by me as a young child I was told by your GGMa that the Berry side way back origionated in France so could have been a Du Berri hugenot Link however this may be fancifull.
Good Luck on your searches
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nikkisedgwick 1 Apr 2010 6:40PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 3 Apr 2010 6:22PM GMT 
freezer49 8 Nov 2012 4:02PM GMT 
nikkisedgwick 8 Nov 2012 4:31PM GMT 
freezer49 9 Nov 2012 2:02PM GMT 
nikkisedgwick 26 Dec 2012 3:41PM GMT 
freezer49 27 Dec 2012 5:51AM GMT 
nikkisedgwick 29 Dec 2012 8:27PM GMT 
freezer49 2 Sep 2013 7:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions