Search for content in message boards

Thomas Fletcher c1814 Fethard

Replies: 11

Re: Thomas Fletcher c1814 Fethard

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 6:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Church of Ireland, Kilscoran, Wexford

Anne Fletcher, Rosslare died 27 Oct 1858 age 75 yr. and also beloved husband Thomas Fletcher died 13 May 1859 age 72 yr.

Nuns Cross, Wicklow:

Rev. John Joseph, Rector of Castlemacadam who ministered to the church for 25 yrs from the date of its erection to the year of our Lord MDCCCXLiii he departed life on the twent-seventh day of April MDCCCLiV age 62.

These are the only Fletcher's in Brian Cantwell's project of compiling all readable gravestones in Wicklow and Wexford completed 1985.

www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie Tithe Applotments 1820-1839

Jas. Fletcher, St. Margaret's Parish, Townland Bearlough
2 acres 1 rood 0 perches

You must have the Griffith Valuation www.askaboutireland.ie

Thomas Fletcher, Parish of Rosslare, Townland Bearlough
Poor Law Union Wexford, tenant of James Boyd

6A land 0.3.32
6B house, outbuildings and land 7 acres 1 rood 34 perches

16 John Walsh, Townland Burrows

house, outbuildings and land 9.3.18

22 Thomas Fletcher, townland Burrows
tenant of James Boyd #22 land 2.2.15

Joseph Fletcher, Parish of Mulrankin, Townland Bridgetown, South, Poor Law Union of Wexford (no more than 12 mi.radius

1Be house only

Moses Walsh and others James Walsh, David Walsh ...Parish of
Taghmon, Wexford, Great Ardenagh Townland, tenants of Sheppard Jeffers who has quite a few tenants and holds land Free Hold - owns.

The only Mulgrave who has Free Hold land is in Co. Down in Griffith Valuation and under 20 acres.

No Halsh or varients so probably is Walsh as could be spelled either way in the early days.

1824 Commercial Directory:
Roe & Fletcher, Craywell, Wexford - Brewers

There are 14 memorials or parts of for the name Bridget Walsh in Wexford, for about 1/2 they are the maiden names.

Eg: St. Mary's Old Ross

Michael Kavanagh wife Mary Kavanagh alias/maiden name
Walsh d 10 March 1834 aged 45 yrs. her father Thomas Welsh
d May 1817.......mother Bridget Welsh, alias.......
(note the different spellings - possibly the carver but not unusual, I've seen 3 different spellings of names from one
family)

It is possible that they were married and if he left and went to England and remarried it wouldn't be unusual. If you have watched the U.S. Who Do You Think You Are, its amazing when you think of how few US programs were made this happened to the celebrities families at least twice. Some men didn't go far just to the next county or town.
However, in parish records I've seen mother's having several children and have no husband.

I was told by the History Foundation who are putting parish records on line that little of the collection from Wexford
are Church of Ireland. Currently only 4 Wexford Parish's of
36 are now on line. Clongeen, Kilanerin, Tagoat and Templetown. Patience required as this has taken two years.

I would agree with your conjecture that originally the family could of come from the Mulgrave Estates as this is documented on other estates. Mulgrave Estate records are kept at the North Yorkshire County Records Office you might be able to someone to check them for you. In my research the estate records for Coollattin Estates in Wicklow the account/rental books are held both in the Sheffield Archives in Yorkshire, England and the National Library in Dublin. I don't see any reference to Ireland.

www.landedestates.ie (don't see any Mulgrave estates)there is information on Jeffers but for Kinsale Cork, Kilmonoge and sale of properties, 1855 by Jane E. Jeffers 100 acres and 1857 Benjamin Jeffers 300 acres

Annette Code
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DavidFletcher... 7 Sep 2010 11:14PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 9 Sep 2010 5:08PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 9 Sep 2010 5:18PM GMT 
Grahame Ricka... 17 Nov 2010 1:18PM GMT 
DavidFletcher... 25 Nov 2010 1:59PM GMT 
SimonBridgewa... 4 Feb 2013 6:53PM GMT 
DavidFletcher... 5 Feb 2013 1:25PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 6 Feb 2013 1:30AM GMT 
DavidFletcher... 9 Feb 2013 11:47AM GMT 
Francesca Fle... 30 Dec 2013 10:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions