Search for content in message boards

Frayne of Enniscorthy, County Wexford.

Replies: 22

Re: Frayne of Enniscorthy, County Wexford.

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 8:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandfather was a Joseph Franey/Frayne and in the 1901 and 1911 census he is to be found living in Coolgarrow, Ballyhuskard. He was born about 1858. In the aforementioned censuses his family are listed as Fraynes but the census is signed by a Joseph Franey - even though I think he was illiterate.

Joseph's first wife was a Jane Carley - died 1899 in childbirth. His second wife could have been a Bridget Webb.

Joseph had number of children by his first marriage: James, Andrew, Bessy, Sarah, Catherine/Kate, Margaret and Richard. He had a number of children by his second wife - I only know of one name: Elizabeth. Many of the first family went to Massechusetts, USA.

My grandfather was Richard Franey/Frayne and I believe in 1911 he was working as a farm labourer (aged 14) to a family by the name of Rowe in Killan.

At 17 he was in the army prior to WWI and remained in the Royal Irish Regiment for the duratio of the war to return and marry my grandmother Mary Donnelly of the Ross Road, Enniscorthy.

Do you have any knowledge of Joseph Franey/Frayne or his family. Any information would be much appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JoeFreaney68 30 Oct 2012 2:48PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 19 Mar 2012 9:31PM GMT 
jackmackk27 30 Jul 2012 9:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions