Search for content in message boards

Coolafancy Leggetts

Replies: 2

Re: Coolafancy Leggetts

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 8:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Annette,

As far as I can see there were Leggetts at Coolafancy from at least 1796 (the date of lease referred to in the Deed of Assignment) and they were at the same spot in TA, GV, 1901 and 1911 Censuses. Last month I spoke to a local who said that there were Leggetts at Coolafancy right up to the 1960's. There is a stone in the graveyard that confirms that.

I got what information is available in the CoI registers at the RCB library (Crosspatrick and Kilcommon parishes). At least half the family was Methodist, so those records will have to wait. Nonetheless I appreciate the offer.

I had expected to link these Leggetts with mine, but there is no proof. The Leggetts/Legates I know for certain to be mine went variously to the area of Tullow, Carlow and Timahoe, Laois. The line I'm interested in went to Wellington Co, Ontario (mostly) in the early 1840's, with stragglers following over the next decade. Unassisted as far as I can see.

I saw some Code/Codd in my travels. Will try to remember where.

Judith

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judith Hayman 8 Nov 2012 10:08PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 15 Nov 2012 2:33PM GMT 
Judith Hayman 15 Nov 2012 3:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions