Search for content in message boards

Clonroche - Ferns

Replies: 0

Clonroche - Ferns

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sutton/Sinnott/Synnott
Hi there - first time trying to trace a family member's ancestors in Ireland. I think the family were from Clonroche/Ferns.

James Sutton married Brigid/Bridget/Biddy Sinnott and had at least 5 children - Ellen c1861; James 6/5/1867; Walter 19/5/1870; Eliza 25/1/1874; and Laurence 15/3/1864.

I know that Ellen and Laurence emigrated to Scotland and Ellen married a Patrick Murphy in Edinburgh in 1885 as my aunt is a descendent. Ellen's brother Laurence also moved to Scotland as he's recorded on the 1891 Census from Scotland as living with Ellen and her husband.

I have a copy of a certificate of baptism for Ellen from St David's in the parish of Davidstown in the Diocese of Ferns that states her parents were James Sutton and Biddy Sinnott/Synnott. Ellen's sponsors were Peter Sutton and Margaret Murphy.

Not sure where I should try now to trace the family - any suggestions as I'm not aufait with Irish records.

Any help gratefully received!

Many thanks

Mairi

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions