Search for content in message boards

MESSER in MONTROSE, Angus

Replies: 1

MESSER in MONTROSE, Angus

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jan 2005 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: MESSER: ARNOT(T)
I have researched that a DAVID MESSER of 20 King Street Montrose died 16 Sep 1895 and I wish to ascertain his Birth, Marriage and any children detail.
I anticipate that he may have been married to a HANNAH BUSHNELL who was born Montrose 1836 as from the 1881 Census I have record of a DAVID and HANNAH MESSER resident at 35 E I Dock Road London - occupation for DAVID shown as Master Mariner.
My interest is because my relative WILLIAM ARNOTT (born Pathhead Fife 1827 and founder of Arnott's Biscuits Australia) visited a CAPTAIN MESSER in Montrose during his visit home to Scotland in 1893 but his reason for doing so is not contained in his correspondence of the time.
In late 1890's, Arnott's introduced a new biscuit line called a "Thin Captain" which is still in production today and I am looking for possible confirmation that this CAPTAIN DAVID MESSER may have been the "naming" origin for this particular one of the renowned"ARNOTT'S FAMOUS BISCUITS".
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
telstar2 1 Jul 2003 8:00AM GMT 
arnott_01 17 Mar 2013 9:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions