High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0317
The trees at the extreme left stand in front of the Dundee City Churches and the alley visible to the right (and north) of Melville House is Church Lane.
William Ferrier, whose photographer's studio is in Tally Street, studied in the United States, comnig to Dundee in 1878, initially to King Street. According to the Piper O' Dundee of 4th January 1893, he 'is an artist'. He exhibited at Leeds and Cardiff.
In 1888 he won a silver medal from the East of Scotland Photographic Association's Dundee Exhibition. 'In his establishment the very latest and most costly appliances are in use' continues the Piper O' Dundee.
Look up old photos of dundee by city library