Search for content in message boards

Arbuckle/Finley

Replies: 2

Arbuckle/Finley

Posted: 13 May 2007 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Arbuckle, Howley, Smith, MacIsaac, Spencer, Campbell, Reid, Hooper, Favaro, Hestbak, Shannon, Finley, Finney, Scott, Morden, Arbuckle, Asselstine, Childs, Hamilton
I have been researching the history of William Arbuckle and Agnes Finley. I believe Agnes' last name may have been Finney due to parish records of the listing of Finley. Ship records show the passage of Arbuckle's aboard the ship, "Lake Champlain" between 1901 and 1902 from Liverpool, England to Saint John, NB. From there they travelled to North Sydney, Cape Breton, NS. Mr. Arbuckle started work in Cape Breton, NS at Donkin #6 mine at the East Slope which closed up pretty early. He then began digging wells for the company houses for $2.50 per hour, which was a high rate of pay for that era.

Mr. Arbuckle married a local girl by the name of Nellie Robertson, daughter of Norman and Susan (Boutilier) Robertson, on December 19, 1907. Rev. Donald McDonald officiating.

Children born to Norman and Nellie:

Norman Robertson Arbuckle 1908-1922
Jock (John)Arbuckle 1911-1974
William Dickie Arbuckle / Emily Blanche Williams
Agnes Arbuckle Jan 19, 1915-Apr 25, 1970
Susan Arbuckle / William Shannon
James Arbuckle / Georgina Favaro
George Arbuckle / Nellie Childs
Robertson Arbuckle / Joan Nadine Morden
Mary Arbuckle
Frederick Arbuckle / Frances Louise Hamilton
Janet Arbuckle 1926-1929
Stewart Arbuckle Jan 19, 1928-Feb13, 2000
Elizabeth Arbuckle / William Roy Scott
Allison Arbuckle / Marion Jean Munroe
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cbceilidh 13 May 2007 8:48AM GMT 
lynnffowler 6 May 2010 3:40PM GMT 
PunchCardRead... 13 May 2013 5:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions