Search for content in message boards

REGARDING McGreish family history

Replies: 3

REGARDING McGreish family history

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGREISH
Hi All
I am a descendant of Daniel McGriesh who died in the Irvine Poorhouse in 1881 then named Cunningham Combination which can be looked up on the web.Then it was the equivalent of an old folks home by todays standards.. He suffered from brain disease which today we call Dementia. scary place when I went to see where it was. Now building a new estate on the site. Dont fancy living there. His wife Ann died in a house fire the same year. His Mother Rose is as far back as I can get and have her on the 1861 census age 71 working on a farm in west Kilbride. Daniels son Patrick married Mary McLiesh and then remarried and had a second family. My mothers grandmother Susan McGreish was the daughter of Patrick and Mary McLiesh.Susan McGreish(daughter of Mary and My Great Grandmother) Married John Wilson who had My Grandmother Catherine Wilson Who Married Edward O'Rourke who had my Mother Susan McGreish O'Rourke. My mother also put McGreish in my name and know within my very extended family I am the only one who carries this name forward as My mother died in2008 and I have two boys it may soon become obsolete within my family. Hope not though. I have all certificates if anyone is related i can post them.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elizabethmcke... 1 Mar 2013 10:57PM GMT 
dina2011 14 Aug 2013 11:04AM GMT 
marcher561 16 Aug 2013 9:31PM GMT 
dina2011 17 Aug 2013 1:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions