Search for content in message boards

Genealogy is so lost-its being tie up by the company

Replies: 3

Re: Genealogy is so lost-its being tie up by the company

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 4:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm not really sure which website you're having a go at. The only website on which you can view original Scottish birth, marriage and death certificates is the governmental website www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

It is pay-per-view but they charge a fair price for an exceptional service.

I do however have some sympathy with you if you are referring to Ancestry.com They promise a lot on their adverts, but provide no access to birth/marriage/death certificates which (along with parish records) are an absolute necessity in being able to trace your family tree. All they supply is very badly transcribed census entries, and access to other peoples family trees, which are riddled with inaccuracies and therefore worthless.

But (like anything on the Internet) individuals have to take responsibility themselves, and check out what will be available before they hand over any money.

PS : I hope you don't mind me saying, but you really need to read over your postings before you press the send button - your message is almost illegible.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vanasse16 18 Mar 2013 11:49AM GMT 
Rolf Koksvik 19 Mar 2013 6:22AM GMT 
judithstracha... 19 Mar 2013 2:34PM GMT 
DonGillies61 22 Mar 2013 10:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions