I have a family tree my grandfather did in ~ 60's-70's.
It was missing a few first names, but with the info in this thread I've filled in a few blanks. - Thanks!
I show a McKelvie (male) married to Cowsa (female)- Scotland, as the parents of (John) McKelvie who was married to Agnes Muir.
John & Agnes McKelvie's chilren (3 shown):
1) Agnes McKelvie, m. to Luke Simcox, coalminer, Alexis, IL.
2) John McKelvie 1845-1920, Farmer, Yankton, SD m. to Minnie Porter. Children: Agnes, Florence, Clark, Charlie, Marie, Carol, Anna
3) Frances McKelvie b. Ayr 1840 d. Esmond SD 1891, m. to Janette Gibb Bainbridge b.9-30-50(?) Scotland, d.1921 CO. Children: John Robert 1876-1948 (Mary Jones) d.1950, Anna Russel McKelvie 1877-1961 (Tom Davis 1873-1950), Nicholas Bainbridge McKelvie 1879-1920 (Daisy Terpening?) d.1958, Frances Emerson McKelvie b.1885 Esmond, SD (Kate Hoge), J. Ward MacKelvie b.1890 Esmond, SD - d.1985 Denver, CO (Ethel Lang Leonard)
Plus more generations below the above.
Also shows Agnes Muir's sister (Janet) Muir married to (Thomas) McKelvie (parents unknown) and their 2 children:
1) Mike McKelvie m. to Mae ___ of Alexis, IL. Children: John, Archie, George.
2) Janet McKelvie m. to Jack Simcox, coalminer, Alexis, IL.
It appears 2 McKelvie's (males, unknown if related) married the 2 Muir daughters (Agnes & Janet).
Then a generation later, 2 Simcox's (male & again unknown if related) married 2 cousins of the McKelvie/Muir lines.