Search for content in message boards

MORRISON/McWHIRTER/GALLOWAY/McCULLOCH

Replies: 1

MORRISON/McWHIRTER/GALLOWAY/McCULLOCH

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2002 5:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am having some trouble trying to work out some family connections with respect to these families. The details I have are as follows:-

From 1851 Census - I have a James GALLOWAY aged 5 being a Grandson to David MORRISON aged 65. In the same household there are Agnes MORRISON aged 28 (Daur); James McWHIRTER aged 39 (Son-in-law); Mary McWHIRTER aged 36 (Daur); their 6 children and Mary MORRISON aged 26 (Daur). I am trying to locate who James GALLOWAY's mother was. He was born in Girvan in about 1846.

From 1871 Census - I am trying to locate a Jane McCULLOCH aged 12 (born Colmonell) being a Niece to James McWHIRTER (The same James as stated above). In the same household there are James' wife, Mary, and 3 of their children; Mary McWHIRTER aged 49 (Sister); Andrew MORRISON aged 2 (Grandson) and a William McWHIRTER aged 3 (Grandson). I would also like information on the two grandsons, Andrew MORRISON and William McWHIRTER.

David MORRISON's wife was Agnes THOMSON and James McWHIRTER's parents were John McWHIRTER and Margaret FORGIE.

I would love to hear from anybody who may be able to put me on the right track.
Thanks,
Karen.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Karen 10 Sep 2002 11:49AM GMT 
bronnie369 6 Sep 2013 9:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic