Search for content in message boards

George Stables / Tracing Family update

Replies: 3

George Stables / Tracing Family update

Sheila Stables (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stables, Duncan
I am trying to research my husband's family - Stables of Keith. I have the following & would be grateful if anyone can help in linking further back.

George Stables b.1941 Buckie (lived Keith) illegitimate son of Jane (or Jean) Stables, later married Paton.
Jane was sister to John Duncan, illegitimate son of Mary Duncan who later married John Stables who d.14/11/42.
Jane was also sister to Marian Stables - m. McLean, Archie Stables, George Stables, Mary Stables - m. Robertson, Bill Stables, Alex (or Alec) Stables (moved to Edinburgh), and David Stables.
Marion was mother to John Stables before she married. We are in touch with this John Stables living in Leeds, married to Freda.
The grandfather John Stables was brother to James who married Georgina. James & Georgina had a son, James who died 25/1/99 aged 76.

On a grave layer in Keith which was bought by John Stables senior there is a mention of Mary Cruickshank/Stables 20/2/31, David Stables 13/6/36, and Child of Mr & Mrs W. Stables 3/10/48. Whether or not these are the David & Bill mentioned above, I don't know!

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,
Sheila
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sheila Stables 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Lara Thomas-Walsh 21 Dec 2001 9:28PM GMT 
kstagg_1 14 Sep 2003 1:51AM GMT 
stables25 5 Feb 2013 8:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions