Search for content in message boards

James Cruickshank born 1811

Replies: 14

Re: CRUICKSHANK GRAVE PHOTO// ALSO 1850 GRANTOWN MAP

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 8:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Cruickshank, Grant, Cameron
Karen, thanks a million for attaching the pix. The map is wonderful and your photo of the Cruickshank gravestone at Old Inverallan is astonishing. When we've been there my Cameron gravestone pictures haven't come out nearly as well. How did you manage to get the entire stone in with such a clear image of the inscription? Do you have some extraordinary camera or just talent? :)

I enjoyed your vignette of people swiming in the Spey and running by the river. It was sunny but quiet when we were there in June -- a scattering of fishermen, and a kingfisher that flew over our heads. It's really a serenely beautiful place.

I noticed that the Cruickshank gravestone is afflicted with the same lichen-thing that grows on so many stones there. Don't know what it is, but my husband's family graves have a bad dose of it.

One favor to ask: Could you please forward both jpgs to my email address? Had trouble saving them from the message board, so would appreciate the backup. I'll pass the pictures and your questions along to my Cruickshank friend and to two other friends who have also been working on our joint family research.

Isn't it wonderful what the Internet makes possible: you in Malaysia, my Cruickshank friend in England, two Grant friends in Scotland and Canada, and me in the United States -- all of us working on interconnected Scottish families!

Thank you again for the photo and the map and your kindness in sending them.
Cheers,
Mignon
<MABCam@aol.com>
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
david L Munro 11 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
squashbanana 2 Apr 2002 9:57PM GMT 
David L Munro 8 Apr 2002 2:21AM GMT 
karen donald 14 Aug 2003 9:31AM GMT 
MignonCameron 14 Aug 2003 4:23PM GMT 
karen donald 15 Aug 2003 10:52AM GMT 
MignonCameron 15 Aug 2003 2:28PM GMT 
Karen Donald 11 Sep 2003 12:39PM GMT