Search for content in message boards

Ballenden

Replies: 3

Re: Ballenden in Canada and Scotland

Posted: 8 Feb 2014 6:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ballenden, McLeod, Bannatyne, Grey, McMurray
I am not sure if Stan Hulme is still researching the Ballenden family- if so please post here or write to me directly.

Several people have posted that Annie Christie Ballenden (wife of William McMurray) died at St. Paul Manitoba and that information is wrong, so my guess is, the John who died in New Zealand in 1864 was the son of John Ballenden and Sarah McLeod.

I have been looking all day to see what happened to John and Sarah's other children and I am glad you posted that info for Alexander's death. Annie Christie died in 1862 of TB in Edinburgh in her aunt's home.

What happened then to daughters Frances Isobel, and Elizabeth Margaret, and to their brother William Ballenden? They were alive in 1861 in Edinburgh. Their brother Duncan died in June 1851 and is buried in Edinburgh.

Also Annie Christie had given birth to a son William McMurray in 1861 at Edinburgh- he was on the 1861 census- what happened to him after that?

Elizabeth Ballenden Bannatyne, the children's aunt (sister to 1811 John Ballenden) died in April 1872; the children are not with her in 1871.

Thanks for any information,

Nora (researching McLeod, Thompson, Ballenden families)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Stan Hulme 5 Jan 2003 1:32AM GMT 
Paul1vbp5la3t... 15 Feb 2010 4:31PM GMT 
NoraMcL 9 Feb 2014 1:17AM GMT 
barmarg 16 Aug 2014 8:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic