Search for content in message boards

Kirkness, Peter & Mary Scott

Replies: 3

Re: Kirkness, Peter & Mary Scott

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 2:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kirkness, McDonald, McLeod
Steve,
Not sure if you ever found any info but I am related to Peter & Mary. They are my Great, Great, Great Grandparents. My Grandmother's father was a McDonald from Canada and moved to Buffalo, NY. His name was John McDonald and he died when my grandmother was a teenager.

My great grandfather John Edward Peter McDonald was born in Mt. Forest, Ontario. His Father was Robert McDonald and mother was Mary Alice Kirkness McDonald. I believe both were born in Toronto. Mary Alice (born in 1855) was the oldest daughter of Peter Kirkness & Mary Scott.

Info I received from my grandmother indicating the Kirkness' had a plaid belonging to a clan in Scotland and had joined up with the McLeod clan at some point.

Peter, I'm told, was a fur trader in Canada and went back to Scotland to marry Mary Scot. They came from Edinburgh, Scotland to Toronto and were given a land grant of 150 acres in Mt. Forest from England. They lived in a log cabin on the land and this is where 11 children were born (1 set of twins).

Any further information you have on the family would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Cindi Marie Parker Gustafson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Steve Nelson 7 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Irene Stevens 14 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Steve Nelson 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
cindigus 6 Apr 2013 8:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions