Search for content in message boards

McPherson-Perth to Aberdeen-Alexander, William, James

Replies: 0

McPherson-Perth to Aberdeen-Alexander, William, James

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 7:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McPherson, Stewart, Donald
Please help! I have hit a brick wall. My ggGrandmother was Elizabeth McPherson, b.1873 in Aberdeen, Scotland and m. to Richard Bailey (a colour sergeant in the Gordon Highlanders), b. 1866 in Mortiford, England. Richard died in 1908 (Aberdeen) and Elizabeth remarried in 1909 to John Loggie. She came to the states aboard the Lusitania with her new husband and her daughter Celia (b.1896).

Elizabeth's parents were James McPherson (a brushmaker in his teens, then a colour sergeant for the Gordon Highlanders), b.1845 in Aberdeenshire, m. Elizabeth Adamson b.1847

James' parents were William McPherson (a flax mill worker/weaver/overseer), b.1812 in Old Macahar, Aberdeenshire, d.1877 and m. Jane Donald, b.1819 in Aberdeen

William's parents were Alexander McPherson and Jeanette or Janet Stewart. This is not the couple who went to Canada, as William was born in Scotland. This is where I am hitting my brick wall. I have the birth register for Fortingall that has an Alexander McPherson, son of Donald McPherson and Vear Menzies (?) being baptized in 7 August 1774. A couple of entries above him is Janet Stewart, daughter of Alexander Stewart and Katherine McNaughton 20 July 1774.

I suspect that this Alexander and Janet were the parents of William, but have no link other than William's death register showing the names of his parents as Alexander McPherson and Jeanette McPherson, M.S. (Maiden Surname) Stewart. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic