Halley/Fleming 1860s Perthshire

Replies: 4

Re: Halley/Fleming 1860s Perthshire

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 4:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halley Fleming Ronaldson
Hi
Thanks!
I have been unable to find him in any census prior to his marriage in 1889. The copy I have of his certificate of marriage here is pretty clear in where he says he is from and its consistent with the 1901 and 11 census. The 1891 census is unhelpful as it been ditto'd as Edinburgh for place of birth. All I do know is he says he was born in the Arngask parish ( Glenfarg) everything dates him to around 1862/3 ish ( arngask seems to have pinged between Kinross and Perthsire so its a bit pants at times trying to locate stuff). Sometime prior to marriage ( 1889) he moved to Canongate in Edinburgh which was then to become the family home. Knowing where both he, his parents and his wife are from its likely he would have perhaps travelled between Glenfarg and maybe Perth for local market days ( he went through life as a Carter or cart driverlater on for an Edinburgh Brewery) and I assume at one of these or maybe some social event he has met Helen then at some point taken the decision to move up to Edinburgh, get settled and then return for his "fiance" to marry in Pitcairngreen, her home.
( all supposition but very likely :-) )
Kenny Halley
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tanushiheadba... 14 Feb 2013 9:40PM GMT 
alicook54 21 Feb 2013 9:56AM GMT 
Tanushiheadba... 21 Feb 2013 10:09AM GMT 
alicook54 21 Feb 2013 10:18AM GMT 
Tanushiheadba... 21 Feb 2013 11:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions