Search for content in message boards

to find out which Archibald is which!!!!!

Replies: 0

to find out which Archibald is which!!!!!

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDougall/ MacDougall/ McDougald....MacPhaiden

>
>
> Hi My Name is Rita Miller,,,,
>
> I am trying to find the start or the close as possible beginning of where the McDougalls started and which McDougall is which,I will let you know what I have

and maybe I can get some assistance as to where I may have gone wrong.I'll start with my mother and work back and that will help you as well.Starting with me.

Rita Cheryl Ann Miller 26 march 1959,,,Port Colborne,Ont Canada

Marguerite Agatha McDougall 14 Dec ,1922,East Bluff,,(Little Scotland) Manitoulin Island Canada

Angus McDougall 02 March 1879,,Proton Station,Ontario Canada,,,,,

Lauchlan McDougall 10 April,1847, Isle Tiree,Scotland.

Archibald McDougall 02 April 1798 or is it 6 Feb 1801 ? Isle Of Tiree

Malcolm McDougall about 1763 ? Married Catherine MacPhaiden

Now this is where the research get's confusing ,,,,as I've been told there where 2 marriages ....between 2 Archibald and 2 Margaret,,,and both Margarets where also know as McLeans...there is so much confusion.....I am at my witts end trying to figure it out...

I am trying to find out where they may be burried,,,,,and also which Archibald is ours,,,they seemed to have imagrated to the same area...
I know they where amoungst the Families of Tiree that where given passage by the Duke of Argyle...on the Conrade,so the family stories passed down are saying.and they are listed on the sailing passenger list..

Should you need any more of the Manitoulin McDougalls ,,I can help out with that if you so need...so in a nut shell ,, I am looking to see if Archibald was born 1798,,,,or 1801...and did he and his wife Margaret and their Children all come to Canada,,at the same time on the same ship... and are the family listed the ones on the ship

Archibald McDougall head

Margaret (McLean)or(McLean Malloy) McDougall wife

Malcolm
Margaret
Ann
Lauchlan
John
Angus
Catherine
Flora

I have receved some information and pictures of the beautiful Isle of Tiree,,and some insight as to what a cotter was as I believe thats what my Grandad Archibald did...

Hope I have not confused you with my rambling on ...Thanks so much for your attention. Sincerely Rita Miller

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions