Search for content in message boards

Family tree

Replies: 4

Re: Mcqueen

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 8:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cameron McLeod McQueen
Hi, I just wanted to reply to comment on Catherine Cameron's parents and say that her parents are definitely Alexander Cameron (b.1790, Uig, Isle of Skye, Scotland) and Catherine McLeod (b.1795, Uig, Isle of Skye).
Also, it also seems to be that Catherine Cameron went under the name of Christy as well due to her being listed under this name as well on a different website, however the names of her husband and children are almost the same.
It also says on the same site that her father Alexander Cameron died on Prince Edward Island due his gravestone and one of their children's gravestones as well in a cemetery there.
Your ancestor Christina Mcqueen was the sixth child of Arcibald McQueen and Catherine Cameron and her sister Jane McQueen (b.9th June 1860, their ninth child, were both born in Canterbury, New Zealand.
I only know all this because Jane McQueen is my 4 greats grandmother and her ancestry is one of the only sides of my family that I have found several records of, along with the help of family members and a limited range of photographs with names.
I know a bit more, but I think I'm starting to ramble on too much. :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Diane MacKenzie 22 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Elsie_Mcleod 18 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Elspeth Maclean Slayter 27 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
1_jasenz 17 May 2012 12:00PM GMT 
Cowatt 6 Jul 2012 2:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions