Search for content in message boards

Evan and Elizabeth Morgan Ystradgynlais 1770's

Replies: 0

Evan and Elizabeth Morgan Ystradgynlais 1770's

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morgan
I am struggling trying to isolate my family members in a virtual maze of Morgans in Breconshire!

Evan and Elizabeth Morgan are parents to David Morgan born Ystradgynlais 1779. I have found David's baptism record at St. Cynog, identifying his parents. David married a Gwenllian (born 1786 per census) but I can't isolate her for certain in birth records to trace her parents. I suspect she may be a Gwenllian William born 1786 in Deffynogg. Other ancestry members claim it to be a Gwenllian Powell but I don't see the dates matching up.

Isolating Evan Morgan is even worse but I think perhaps he may be the Evan born in Ystradynglais (St. Cynog baptism) in 1752. Father's name: William.
I have found only 1 marriage record for an Evan and an Elizabeth Price but it was in 1765 in Llanwrtyd. I don't have any sense of how close or far that would be from Ystradgynlais.

Am looking for any suggestions on how to validate my findings. How do I know I have the right individuals selected? Anyone else following this line?

Find a board about a specific topic