Weeks Family in Breconshire/Glamorgan

Replies: 6

Re: Weeks Family in Breconshire/Glamorgan

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weeks, Weekes
Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting me back!!!

I spent quite some time today looking at your family tree to try to decide if we were related but could not find a link either...and was very disappointed!! I find it strange to think that these two families lived in the same town and would not be related...especially as you say, the last name is fairly uncommon. I did notice that your John moved from Llandefalle to Glamorgan...and my family mostly stayed in Breconshire until they emigrated to America....

I did notice that you don't have the names of John's parents...I wonder if that might be the key??? Also have you ever found any records where the last name was spelled Weekes instead of Weeks...most of my family spelled their name Weekes while in Wales....

You asked if I would like any photos in Breconshire....probably too many!!!! I live in America and will likely never get to Wales and I would love to know more about my family...who they were, where they lived, how they lived and what they were all about...genealogy, for me, is not just about finding names...I really want to know who they were because it will explain who I am...

Anyway, thanks for the offer, but I don't think so...

I am going to keep trying to see if we are cousins....my email is shaslam100@yahoo.com.... If you find anything, please keep in touch!!

Susan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shaslam100 6 May 2005 1:32AM GMT 
crica1956 13 Apr 2014 3:47PM GMT 
shaslam100 13 Apr 2014 10:37PM GMT 
tomalderi1 17 Apr 2014 11:52AM GMT 
shaslam100 17 Apr 2014 8:03PM GMT 
crica1956 17 Apr 2014 9:51PM GMT 
shaslam100 17 Apr 2014 11:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic