Search for content in message boards

Help with brick wall -- please! Benjamin Daniel THOMAS (1843)

Replies: 5

Help with brick wall -- please! Benjamin Daniel THOMAS (1843)

Posted: 23 Jun 2006 12:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would welcome any help on this one... My g-g-grandfather, known to all in the US and Canada as B.D. Thomas, was born Benjamin Daniel Thomas in Wales in 1843. His wife's maiden name was Mary Jones, acc to Canadian marriage certificates of their children. B.D.'s death certificate gives his father's name as Benjamin and his mother's maiden name as Jane (indecipherable -- possibly Philipps, def. starts with Phi). Family tradition says B.D. was born in Llanelly/Llanelli, but I'm not sure. He became a Baptist minister, and there is a record of a B.D. Thomas of the right age attending Haverfordwest Baptist College in about 1862, which is not Carmarthenshire. Moreover, I think I have found birth records for both of B.D. and Mary's daughters (their sons were born in the USA) -- If these are accurate, would have been born in Neath, Breconshire. Which makes searching databases using just one name nearly impossible without going blind.
Question: Can anyone think of a way to cross reference some of these names on census/BMD or in other ways to come up with a good way to identify marriage dates for both B.D. and his father, and obtain their marriage certificates? And to help nail down B.D's birth place & date? in 1851, there would have been father and son named Benjamin and mother named Jane. (Other family names -- taken from B.D. and Mary's children's names -- may include Gertrude, Amelia, Wendal, Herbert, Llewellyn, Coray, Grace, Gladys.) Mary was born in 1840, again, somewhere in Wales. I don't want to order up the birth/marriage certificates for every Benjamin Thomas born in Wales over an 18 month period...
sorry for long message; any help greatly welcome...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ChatterboxNY 23 Jun 2006 6:11PM GMT 
keiththomas13 23 Jun 2006 7:15PM GMT 
ChatterboxNY 23 Jun 2006 8:09PM GMT 
AlisonANDRod 10 Aug 2013 1:43AM GMT 
AlisonANDRod 10 Aug 2013 1:44AM GMT 
AlisonANDRod 10 Aug 2013 1:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions