Search for content in message boards

BARKLEY'S CARDIGANSHIRE

Replies: 5

Re: BARKLEY'S CARDIGANSHIRE

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 5:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barkley
Hi Jason
Firstly ,I can't confirm that I am a descendant of the Barkley's . One of my descendants a Mary Davies was born c 1823 in Cwmystywth .On her marriage certificate ,to Thomas Burrell ,her father was listed as a John Davies. The only Mary I've found (on the free reg site) was christened in Eglwys Newydd church 16th June 1823 daughter of JohnDavies and Margaret Barkley . I was later informed by another researcher that Mary was the illegitimate daughter of these two . This is where it gets interesting. On the 27th June 1823 a Margaret Barkley married a Thomas Daniel in Ysybyty Cynfyn (not far from Cwmystwyth and Eglwys Newydd).Was this the same Margaret? .
Richard did have a daughter Margaret . I found Richard's marriage to a Margaret Jones 2/6/1787 in Eglwys Newydd .
I came across a burial in Llanafan of a Jane Barkley 17th September 1830 aged 94 so that makes her birth 1736. Was she the wife of Joseph or a sister ?
The free reg site lists a number of Barkley burials ,mostly in Eglwys Newydd .There were 2 burials in Ysbyty Cynfyn (a Morgan Barkley and Jane and the Jane in Llanafan,)
Unfortunately ,I don't have much else on them .Like my Burrell ancestors the trail ends leaving no trace as to where they originated from before coming to Cwmystwyth. Two unusal names for Wales ,thinking it might be a lot easier than Jones /Evans/davies etc ,but not so !
If I find anything else I'll come back to you .In the meantime ,if you've come across 2 Margaret's born around the time of the two mentioned can you let me know . Maybe one of the Margaret's was the daughter of this Morgan of Ysbyty Cynfyn .
regards
Buddug

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hollett68 6 Dec 2012 8:16AM GMT 
gaucho1950 10 Dec 2012 10:01PM GMT 
hollett68 11 Dec 2012 6:52AM GMT 
gaucho1950 11 Dec 2012 10:57AM GMT 
JJE174 19 Oct 2013 2:03PM GMT 
hollett68 20 Oct 2013 11:43AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions