Search for content in message boards

Seeking parish records for Lewis family pre1815 Llanfihangel Y Creuddyn / Ysbyty Ystwyth area

Replies: 2

Seeking parish records for Lewis family pre1815 Llanfihangel Y Creuddyn / Ysbyty Ystwyth area

Posted: 4 Oct 2013 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I've traced back my Lewis family to David Lewis, named in the death certificate of his widow Magdalene who was born c.1757 Cardiganshire and died 1844. Her addresses were Blaenwaunfach 1841, Ochr Y Waun 1844 and Pant Llidiart 1844 all in Llanfihangel Y Creuddyn.
In her will (witnessed by John Jones / David Davies (Clerk) / Margaret Lewis / John Davies ) she named two sons:
1. Rees Lewis, my ancestor, born Cardiganshire c. 1796 d, 1850. Rees married Winifred Jones 1815 at Llanfihangel Y Creuddyn but I would like to find out the details.
2. Jenkin Lewis who may be the same as Jenkin Lewis of Penforfawr, Llanrhystyd Haminiog. If so he was born c, 1791 in Ysbyty Ystwyth, married Mary Mathew and died and was buried Llanrhystyd. I would like to know the details from their marriage entry..
I am also seeking the marriage record for David Lewis and Magdalene and the baptisms and marriages of their sons and any other children.
I'd be grateful for any information or suggestions.
Gaynor
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
daviesetal 4 Oct 2013 9:53PM GMT 
milford_lass 22 Nov 2013 3:34PM GMT 
daviesetal 22 Nov 2013 6:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions