Search for content in message boards

Evan Roberts, Ysbyty Ifan Parish Records Query

Replies: 3

Evan Roberts, Ysbyty Ifan Parish Records Query

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 12:17PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Roberts
I'm researching family in Ysbyty Ifan and was wondering if anyone could help by doing a look-up on Parish Records for Ysbyty Ifan Parish Church.

Firstly I'm seeking a marriage entry for Evan Roberts, a shoemaker, marrying Catherine, surname unknown, sometime around 1835-1838.

Their first child John Roberts was born about 1838 and I was wondering if that is listed in the records at Ysbyty Ifan.

I already have an entry for their daughter Margaret who was christened at Ysbyty Ifan 7/6/1841. At that time their address was Cyrtiau in the Eidda area.

They also appear on census at Cyrtiau in 1841 although the surname then is shown as Jones which I think is a slip back to the patronymic system and which leads me to think that Evan is the son of John Roberts a shoemaker in the village and that he was also christened in the church 8/8/1813 with parents shown as John Roberts, shoemaker, & Margaret Evans of Address Llan. These parents are still in the village in 1841 occupying "3 Ty Lone".

Evan died prior to the 1851 census so any burial information would also be appreciated. There were 3 other children born in the meantime, Robert about 1844, Evan about 1847 and Anne about 1849.

Any assistance or information about parish entries or the addresses occupied by the Roberts family would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Gaynor
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
daviesetal 13 Oct 2010 6:17PM GMT 
John Roberts 3 Jan 2013 8:26PM GMT 
daviesetal 4 Jan 2013 11:47PM GMT 
John Roberts 10 Jan 2013 11:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic