Search for content in message boards

Need info on Robert Jones married to Mary London circa 1780-1820

Replies: 5

Need info on Robert Jones married to Mary London circa 1780-1820

Shelley (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2005 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, London, Benoit, Ladouceur, Leblanc
I'm looking for info on Robert Jones who's wife was Mary London. I am at a dead end. They had a son John Jones who came to Canada. I don't know if Robert and Mary and any other siblings came to Canada with John. I'm not sure if John was born in Canada or in Wales.

John Jones is listed in a parish record being married in 1820 to Theostiste (Sophie) Benoit. It states in the parish record that his parents were Robert Jones and Mary London and that both parents were dead at the time of his marriage and were from the Denbigh County area in Wales. Now I'm hoping that the location is correct from what the priest wrote in the records.

John Jones lived in Quebec, Canada with his wife and family. Two of John's sons were found living in Ontario, Canada. One settled in Pembroke Ontario and the other one in Bruce County, Ontario.

John Jones is my great-great-great-great grandfather.

I would love to find out more info on Robert Jones and Mary London before my grandmother (92 yrs old) passes away. She and her sister have been the ones that have given me so much info when I first started this project.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much, Shelley.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shelley 21 Feb 2005 10:43AM GMT 
jjsn01 15 Sep 2008 2:54AM GMT 
jjsn01 15 Sep 2008 3:06AM GMT 
jjsn01 15 Sep 2008 4:15AM GMT 
emily_crystal 22 Jun 2009 3:32AM GMT 
roseculleton 16 Jun 2013 1:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions