Search for content in message boards

John Williams and Jane Griffiths, John Middleton

Replies: 9

Re: John Williams and Jane Griffiths, John Middleton

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Myddleton, Griffiths, Wrigley
Hello Elaine (and Muriel and the other Myddleton poster on this thread),

After quite a few years of rest from family history research, I have just found your thread on Ancestry. Our branch of the Myddleton family also descends from Humphrey Myddleton Hatter through his daugher Lucy Myddleton who married Joseph Griffiths in Liverpool 1851. Their daughter Elizabeth Griffiths married John Roberts of Dyserth. Elizabeth and John are my great grandparents. Elizabeth lived to a hundred and I still have memories of her.

I have looked at the Ancient and Modern Denbigh book that effectively links Humphrey to the line of Captain William Myddleton, and yes there are some inconsistencies in dates,as some posters mention. What is funny is that my family live in Saddleworth, which Muriel mentions in her posting, and we also have links to the Wrigley family. I had no idea that there were other Myddleton descendants so close.

I would love to know about the scroll you mentioned - and what results you have gleaned from it. All my research files are on my home desktop computer and I am currently on holiday - but will gladly send details of my line, etc. when I get home.

This is the first time that Ihave used the Ancestry posting system - so don't know how replies are received - so just in case, my address is gillgladstone@yahoo.fr.

Best wishes

Gill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elainewortley 9 Dec 2011 3:15PM GMT 
ki167 14 Feb 2012 9:12PM GMT 
M_GEORGE5 20 Jan 2013 12:46PM GMT 
ki167 20 Jan 2013 11:35PM GMT 
M_GEORGE5 21 Jan 2013 10:51AM GMT 
M_GEORGE5 21 Jan 2013 10:53AM GMT 
M_GEORGE5 19 Feb 2013 11:30AM GMT 
elainewortley 17 Jan 2014 2:07PM GMT 
elainewortley 16 Apr 2013 6:24PM GMT