Relatives of Henry Morgan the Pirate

Replies: 15

Re: Morgan the Pirate

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 1:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Morgan, Andre
Timme,
I am glad you posted with me at the ancestry.com site..they did notify me of your posting..it took me awhile to respond..and had a little trouble this evening...movie adverstisement kept going over my ancestry site...and was locking up my system.."I was finially able to post this message to your ancestry postings".

Like you I do not have too much, however my father along with some close cousins of mine have been helping my father continue the Morgan family tree search. My father had heard the Morgan the pirate connection from his father also. And dad passed it onto us...sometimes I wonder how much truth there is to this story...however I did latch on to some interesting findings about morgan the pirate...as a person..I did study on his life...I went to the local library and ordered an interlibrary loan service to help me in my search about morgan's life.

There are a few GOOD BOOKS out there about him and his life...I opted for the oldest findings, thinking the accounts would be more to the closest knowledge...of liklihood that the person who wrote about him would have better recollections...because of the timeframe in which Morgan the pirate lived...an old book written about the late 1500's an author had showed the result of a book that was eventually made into a play..a movie, etc. and there were footnotes..updated later like around the later 1600's of the book...so it is interesting to me...because there is a puzzle also about whom wrote of his life...and who had the knowledge...the story read as a romantic tale of morgans romance life...along with his growing years...and the background information about the country where he was from and the convesations he had with his family, brother, lover and his days of piracy...and how he came to be "morgan the pirate"...I think you would find the book rather interesting...you should go to the local library to see what kind of books are written about this mans life...

So when they sent the book...I was surprised...I told them to send anything they could mircofilm etc. So guess what they did, they sent me a microfilm of the book about morgan the pirates life...this old 1500 book...they said was so beaten and torn...they couldn't send it in this condition...so they microfilmed the book..and sent it instead...the book was written in latin...which I find even more interesting!

Timme, I would like for you to email me...I also find it interesting that you have had so little contact with your father..you really may find getting into a morgan reunion of your fathers family even more interesting for yourself...If your fathers age and sickness shows ware upon him...and I would also say, if you can stay in contact with him...not knowing how emotional this is for you..with your relationship with him and distance between you.....I think you have opportunity now and a reason...good reason if at all possible to have set up some special time...appointment with him..and ask him if he wouldn't mind you taking some oral notes as he tells you all these wonderful findings about your family tree..and all about his parents, where he lived, etc.

All these questions you should ask and the reason being, if you don't do much of this now, you may regret it later, many years down the road..when you will have more and more good questions about him and his life...and also, he may hold the key to more answers to those wonderful questions you probably still have about his parents too!

Believe me I know, for I too have had similar situations on both sides of my family..the Hines side on my mothers side shows there are some possible intermarry to Morgan's...but none immediately showed from the morgan pirate age or time.

Also show alot of interest in his family....and in all the information..if he shows you picures...please make sure you ask....not being bashful...to have copies made of his parents or to have names of other brothers and sisters of his immediate family...those kind of questions will help you solve all those mysteries you are asking yourself now...and didn't bother to ask...

You might try writting him and see if he responds to some of your questions.. Are you on good terms with your father and grandfather? If you are not...now would be the time to try...to make things work for your own peace of mind, regardless of his or any of your relatives actions...

As one family member...interested..same as you..not that we are related...I believe it would be very practical for you to continue to ask those questions...and take notes ...lots of notes too! If you can get a recording of the interviews with your father, that would be nice...not only for information but also for memory sake...and take lots of pictures...or have your family members make sure you DO have some pictures to help...make the family stay close together and also...to help with the future information you will need ....

Hope I didn't confuse you much...it is late here, and I may have said something silly...but please do email me at my home address;
leliane2727@aol.com
it would be very kind and nice if you would email me back..

thank you Timme,
LaVon Bocher...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bruce Wylie 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Clyde Rhylmer 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
RichardHODGEN... 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Janis Morgan-Clark 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
monkeylady 7 Dec 2001 6:31AM GMT 
lelaine71 28 Dec 2001 11:02PM GMT 
bostons3 4 Jan 2002 4:12AM GMT 
lelaine71 4 Jan 2002 8:17AM GMT 
bostons3 7 Jan 2002 6:50PM GMT 
susanaldridge... 7 Mar 2003 1:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions