Relatives of Henry Morgan the Pirate

Replies: 15

Re: Morgan the Pirate

Posted: 28 Dec 2001 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Morgan, Andre
Tim,
Would like for you to know...I too was told the same thing by my father..on his side..goes back several "Henry Morgan's"..my grandfather's name (called Jack), John Henry Morgan..his father William John Henry Morgan...etc..it probably keeps going backwards...I do know that my grandfather was pure Welch..from Wales...his wife Elizabeth called (Lizzie)..Andre from Ireland..or her father was..a short man..

Anyway...I have studied alot on Morgan the pirate myself...in fact checked out through inter-library....an old book written about Morgan the pirate...suppose to be a true story about him...there are some footnotes...quotes..made in the book about him and his life..the book was in such bad shape..that they sent a micro film of the book...I read it ALL at my local library...with magnify glass in hand...and a weeks full of eye strain...took notes...and read it speed read the first time..then went back and read it slowly and took myself some notes..and quoting...at times...interesting parts..it was fun..also studying the life and times at the end of his days he lived in Jamaica...with his wife...before his death...he was buried there under a tree...but a tyfoon? or water washed away his grave...and it is in the sea..now..his remains.."I find his life one of "survival"...and of intrique..and a very witty person...who had to be quick thinking to survive his ordeal from his homeland in Wales..when England tried to take over..Wales was the last to be conquered because they were a strong country...strong people bent on love of their land and people..and held their ground their own for many years...centuries...when Morgan left Wales..it was a sorry time...and he was devasted by the teacher..his teacher ..a woman he fell in love with..but could not marry..left with a brother...on ships...to ships...surviving the terrony of others...he was smart..in that "survival" was his ultimate concern..and to be his own boss. So much is said about his character...and the reasons for his choices he made...and how he ended up...it is amazing to me..how he could be respected as a pirate in the days..and later respected for his devotion to the queen and king...of the country he chose..and everywhere he went..he started out a begger..and ended up on top in EVERY incidence. And when they thought they had caught Morgan..the pirate..he would escape every time...and grew to a ripe old age..in a land of beauty..after so many dangerous ventures...and died beside his love...in Jamaica..with people who loved him..he finially felt accepted..and had a people who respected and loved him in the end..which is all he ever wanted..and didn't have for so many years...long story..but worth knowing and reading..all about it..(sorry so long).

Need more info? Or can share some information on Morgan the pirate?

lelaine2727@aol.com
LaVon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bruce Wylie 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Clyde Rhylmer 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
RichardHODGEN... 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Janis Morgan-Clark 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
monkeylady 7 Dec 2001 6:31AM GMT 
lelaine71 28 Dec 2001 11:02PM GMT 
bostons3 4 Jan 2002 4:12AM GMT 
lelaine71 4 Jan 2002 8:17AM GMT 
bostons3 7 Jan 2002 6:50PM GMT 
susanaldridge... 7 Mar 2003 1:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions