Search for content in message boards

Sheffield Abbott/Dodd/Barker/Edley/Kerry

Replies: 5

Re: Sheffield Abbott/Dodd/Barker/Edley/Kerry

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 7:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Semper
Hi Bromaelor,

Thanks for replying to my post. I don't know if there is a connection to Wales, but the family does hail from England. I found direct line descendants connected to Dunston, Lincolnshire, England. I don't know exactly where they fit on my tree as yet, but I know that they tie into it, because we've been following the trail of activity for very specific members, including trip logs and boat manifests from St. Kitts, and they lead us to the doorsteps of many of them. As it turns out, Hetty, is an alias. The correct name is Henrietta. We found two Henerietta Abbotts connected to St. Kitts: Henrietta Phipps (DOB-Dec. 6, 1876 to Frances Phipps of Dieppe Bay, which is of note, because the Phipps surname is also genealogically connected to the Semper family. However, believe that the other one-Christina Henrietta Jones (DOB June 6, 1859), who's mother is Ruth Abbott of Mathews is more likely the direct-line ancestor to my mother's mother (Frances Semper) whose mother on record is simply listed as Mary Semper-Dieppe Bay.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jdaviesgregor... 21 Jul 2009 10:25PM GMT 
radmatthew 22 Jun 2013 5:56AM GMT 
bromaelor 23 Jun 2013 11:31AM GMT 
radmatthew 24 Jun 2013 1:23PM GMT 
bromaelor 24 Jun 2013 1:31PM GMT 
jdaviesgregor... 24 Jun 2013 10:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic