Search for content in message boards

Nehemiah John Coyle Manchester Regiment-regiment number known

Replies: 9

Re: Nehemiah John Coyle Manchester Regiment-regiment number known

Posted: 23 Dec 2013 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello thank you for replying to my message. When I first made this post I thought he might still be alive but a while later I did find out that he had sadly passed away. I saw your account in the search results when I searched for him but was unable to view your tree as I'm not a full member. I didn't realise you would be such a close family member.
I don't know whether you've viewed where Nehemiah John Coyle is in my tree but I was trying to find him for my auntie. As it seems we are talking about the same man then he was actually my auntie's father and his name, regiment and regiment number are listed on her birth certificate from 1941 Buckinghamshire, Hendon. I've been trying to find out some information about him for my auntie and mother. My auntie was told that he died in the war. It was for this reason that I was trying to find his military record so that we could find out for sure. As I said though we found out afterwards that he'd passed away much later than that.

I've managed to find out information about his parents and their families and that he possibly had two children with his first wife Elizabeth Thomas who he married in Pontypridd Wales, though I don't know if he had any children with his second wife Ann Cleland/Fee. I've found records (not certificates) with names and dates listed of births and marriages of his family that I'd be happy to send to you if you'd like them. I'd love to swap information with you.

I've found out that although you can find military records from WWI online although many were destroyed, if you want WW2 records you have to apply for them from the ministry of defence. Hope this link helps you https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-re...

I hope to here from you soon. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
FRYJ724 31 Oct 2012 5:30PM GMT 
bromaelor 1 Nov 2012 12:25PM GMT 
FRYJ724 1 Nov 2012 12:38PM GMT 
bromaelor 1 Nov 2012 12:46PM GMT 
FRYJ724 1 Nov 2012 1:15PM GMT 
bromaelor 2 Nov 2012 9:51AM GMT 
pcoyle22 23 Dec 2013 12:12AM GMT 
FRYJ724 23 Dec 2013 11:10PM GMT 
pcoyle22 27 Dec 2013 11:09PM GMT 
FRYJ724 28 Dec 2013 10:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions