Search for content in message boards

Where is allegouch?

Replies: 3

Re: Where is allegouch?

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 1:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Cheri,

I will send lots more information when I review all my files at home. To find the house that David Jones may have lived in go to Google Maps, Satellite. Find Aberystwyth on the coast of Wales. South of it is the town of Lampeter. Out of Lampeter take road A482 south to the Cellan Road or road B4343 which is the first road going Northeast. Follow that road through what looks like a town as there are houses on both sided of the road. The Teify, or Teivy, River is on the left. B4343 then goes through the tree line of a small creek. The first road on the left leads you to a group of houses. Magnify as much as you can at this point. The first large house on the right is Glanteifi, meaning overlooking the Teifi. In Wales the houses have names, not number, addresses. The first large hous on the left is Fallen or Brofallen. The small square building with no roof to the farthest West (left) of the group of buildings is the house I was talking about. One side had been removed evidently to use it for machinery storage at one time.
Please send me your address and I will mail you a picture. I also would like your e-mail so I don't have to go through the message board link all the time. I can be reached at stonesandy@hotmail.com.
My uncle has be to Wales about 14 times but cannot find any more about David but found some on his wife Ester. The problems are, they were Baptists and did not baptise babies. Second, the Baptists and most other faiths, sere being persecuted by the goverment as the Anglican Church was the State Church so the Baptists probably did not keep a list of church menbers for the authorities to get their hands on. Third you are looking for records in the late 1600's or early 1700's. Last but not least, about 1 of every 7 people in Wales at the time were named Jones, or a similar name derived from John. Paul L. Stone
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sarah 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
stonesandy1 13 Apr 2006 10:06PM GMT 
dispatcherche... 2 Jun 2013 6:35PM GMT 
stonesandy1 3 Jun 2013 7:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic