Search for content in message boards

Morgan Family from South Wales

Replies: 0

Morgan Family from South Wales

Posted: 14 Sep 2013 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morgan
I have already created a previous thread for help on researching WWII evacuee records... My Nanna has decided another stab in the dark might help.

She is searching for the the family of Margie Morgan, William Morgan and Bertie Morgan who lived in South Wales during WWII. Margie and William took in two English children during the war. Annie Elizabeth Gordon B 1935 and Luke Skelly Gordon B 1932. They attempted to adopt the children but my Great-Grandparents declined their request.

William Morgan died in 1945/1946 (age unknown) after the war. Margie died in 1960 (age unknown) My Nanna's family stayed intouch with Morgan's via letter until Margie died in 1960. The letters have long been lost since then.

Bertie was a spit fire pilot and was injured during the Battle of Britain.

If these names sound familiar and you have family from south wales could you please check your trees to see if your Morgan's could possibly be the family who looked after my Nanna so well?

My nanna only remembers one part of her address in south wales "21 Trybirth Street" she believes this the wrong spelling and it sounded like "Turrybirth" when spoken. On a previous thread someone suggested it could be (but its a complete wild guess) "21, Tir y Berth Street, Tir y Berth, Hengoed, Caerphilly"

My Nanna's last wish is to pay her respects to the Morgan's and would like to write to any children or grandchildren fo Bertie (if he is no longer alive) to thank them for their families kindness.

My Nanna belives Bertie must of mentioned her and her brother over the years. So his children may know of their names. So its just a desperate last search to thank the family before its too late. My Nanna may even be in an old family photo somewhere from the war era with her name written on the back.

If any of this rings any family bells, please don't hesitate to get intouch.

Find a board about a specific topic