Search for content in message boards

Charles Williams born in Llandwrog Carnarvonshire 1841 or 1842

Replies: 2

Charles Williams born in Llandwrog Carnarvonshire 1841 or 1842

Posted: 3 Nov 2013 11:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams
I am having a hard time with tracing my Gt.Gt.Grandad Charles Williams. He was born in Llandwrog Carnarvonshire in 1841 or 1842. His father was a quarryman and his name was John Williams. Charles was also a quarryman and in the 1861 census he was living in Llanafanfawr in Breconshire and next door to him was living a John Williams, also living with John Williams was a John Fraser who was also from Llandwrog and was a witness at Charle's wedding. I don't know if this John Williams is his dad but he did live in Llandwrog in 1842 but why would you live next door. He married a Winifred Evans in Llanafanfawr in 1863 I do have their marriage certificate. They had 2 children Charles Williams born 1864 and my gt. granddad William John Williams born 1865. Winifred must have died young because in the 1871 census Charles is a widow and is lodging with his 2 sons Charles is 7 and William is 5. Unfortunately Charles died a few years later and in the 1881 census the children are split up and living at different addresses. William John went on to work at the Great western railway did a 5 year apprentice and went to America he came back and settled in Horwich, Bolton, Lancs working at the Horwich works as a steam engine fitter. Charles the other son stayed in Wales as a carpenter. My dad who was brought up in Horwich was the grandson of William John and didn't even know his granddad had a brother until I started doing the family tree. Unfortunately William John died before my dad was born and my dad's mum Edith Williams was an only child. I just can't find any information before 1861 when he was working as a quarryman in Llanafanfawr And looking for anyone with a Williams surname in Wales it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. So this is my last resort by placing this message before I give up trying to find him.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pauline2970 3 Nov 2013 6:46PM GMT 
jonwarrn 5 Nov 2013 6:08PM GMT 
pauline2970 7 Nov 2013 4:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic