Search for content in message boards

Thomas Phillips (1817 - )

Replies: 11

Re: Thomas Phillips (1817 - )

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Phillips
Hi Dave

Firstly, thank you for your very comprehensive reply to my query!

This has provided a lot of additional information that I had not anticipated with my request and it is something that will do a lot to flesh out the other aspects of my search.

Briefly, the first line you mention is the one that is my line. This is based on existing family information re the marriage of the junior Thomas Phillips (also, his marriage was witnessed by Alfred Phillips which would lend support to the first line being correct).

It will take me a while to go through all the links you mention as I feel this will greatly add to the personalisation of my research (ie not just looking at names and statistics) and for that I am very appreciative too.

Given you make note of William entering the tailor trade as well, I will use that as another line of enquiry to see what that brings up re the family history in the business.

I am also working on Alfred Phillips now as he is one member of the family, many of us do not know much about. He ran his own practice from what it seems - my current online enquiry to a Fulham and Hammersmith forum has not been answered as yet; my off Ancestry enquiries for his sons leads me to believe they died young and there appears to be not much to be heard of for the senior Alfred.

He is very much a mystery I am looking forward to solve

Many thanks again for your help on this!!

Nick
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nicolas Ivano... 11 Nov 2013 11:13AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 16 Nov 2013 5:51AM GMT 
Nicolas Ivano... 17 Nov 2013 9:58AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 17 Nov 2013 10:21PM GMT 
Nicolas Ivano... 18 Nov 2013 8:58AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 19 Nov 2013 12:00AM GMT 
Nicolas Ivano... 19 Nov 2013 10:55AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 21 Nov 2013 4:30AM GMT 
johnphillips4 22 Nov 2013 12:55AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 30 Nov 2013 8:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions