Search for content in message boards

Restoration of the original Grierson home

Replies: 2

Restoration of the original Grierson home

Posted: 5 Jul 2014 12:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
The LAG TOWER PRESERVATION TRUST LTD is interested in starting the preservation of the Lag Tower. This Trust was set up 12 years ago. It is a charitable Trust Company, limited by guarantee, and is the ideal vehicle for receiving donations and not being taxed on them. The Directors of this Trust include William Crawford, a retired Judge, Tim Hamilton-Grierson, the current Grierson of Dalgonar, and a retired corporate executive, and Fiona McCulloch, a local solicitor who had served on the National Trust.

AT THIS TIME THE EXISTING LAG TOWER RUINS ARE ON THE POINT OF COLLAPSE, AND REPAIR TO KEEP THE STRUCTURE UPRIGHT, IS URGENTLY NEEDED! Unfortunately, they have been unable to obtain the federal funding they were hoping for and now are looking to the Grierson world family to help them preserve this oldest piece of Grierson history for future generations.

For those few who are not familiar with Lag Tower, it is located in Dumfriesshire Scotland and is the historic seat of the chiefs of Clan Grierson built by Vadast Grierson in late 15th to early 16th century. It was home to the Grierson family through its the last occupant, Sir Robert Grierson, in the latter part of the 17th century!

This project is planned in several stages. The first stage will involve clearing the land & stabilizing the existing structure. At this point, I am trying to see if any of the Grierson/Greer family would be interested in making a donation to make sure that this happens. If we see that there is interest from our worldwide “family” to help accomplish this, we can move forward.

If you think you might be interested in supporting this project, you can post your support on the Facebook page Gilbert Grersoun/Grierson of Ard (b. 1353 –d. after 4/9/1425) at https://www.facebook.com/groups/319463311413382/ or let me know via email at gclutter@tampabay.rr.com

I think this will be a very exciting project and I hope that many of you will respond. Please help us preserve this piece of our Greirson heritage for future generations. When we have demonstrated that there is interest, we will move forward & I will post further updates.

Thank you,
Gayle Greer Clutter
Largo, FL

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gayleclutter 5 Jul 2014 6:13PM GMT 
bromaelor 6 Jul 2014 1:07PM GMT 
gayleclutter 6 Jul 2014 4:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions