Re: Items found on RUDDEROW
John Rudderow arrived at Philadelphia from England about 1680. He was a surveyor and also had considerable knowledge of law. After remaining in the neighborhood of Philadelphia for a few years he decided to return to England but the unexpected arrival at Philadelphia of Robert Stiles and his sister, Lucy, immediately altered his plans. He and Lucy Stiles were afterwards married and settled on a large plantation between the two branches of the Pensauken Creek not far from Fork Landing.(Fork Landing meaning where the two branches of the creek meet) The original survey is dated Tenth month, 1684 and calls for 650 acres which were surveyed in the names of John Clark and John Rudderow. John and Lucy Stiles Rudderow's children were Mary, Rebecca, Hannah, Ann, Sarah, John and three whose names are not recorded and who undoubtedly died in infancy.
John, Jr. married Elizabeth Hollinshead and was the ansestor of those bearing the name Rudderow now living in the neighborhood of Moorestown. The Rudderows were active in the affairs of Chester Township which formerly included the present township of Moorestown.
Note- John Rudderow was active as a Clerk for the early years of Chester Township. He was instrumental in the building of Saint Mary's Episopal Church at Colestown and later the Rudderows were active at the Moorestown Episcopal Church.