Search for content in message boards

Workhouse, Treforest, Tylorstown, no birth cert!

Replies: 4

Workhouse, Treforest, Tylorstown, no birth cert!

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a very complicated case to solve in my tree. I know that my Grandfather was born in Treforest or Tylorstown (at least that is what is stated on the census records) but there is no birth certificate for him under his name of William Charles Edwards (born approx 1897). There was a family rumour that he may have been born in a workhouse and was brought into the family but no formal adoption was made. I have travelled to Swansea to look at the records there as the original rumour was he was born in the Swansea workhouse but no joy. So I carry on my journey .... I am hoping someone can help to answer my questions 1) Would it have been possible to not have a birth cert if born in 1897? 2) Can anyone tell me which workhouse would have been the closest to Trefforest ? I'll try and track records down for that workhouse.

Also I might have to go through all males born in Treforest at the correct time so was also wondering what district the birth would have been registered under for Treforest (in case he was born here).

Thanks in advance Karina
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kjshaw_1 21 Dec 2012 11:01PM GMT 
diane_monks 22 Dec 2012 9:52PM GMT 
kjshaw_1 22 Dec 2012 11:17PM GMT 
diane_monks 23 Dec 2012 6:01PM GMT 
kjshaw_1 23 Dec 2012 10:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions